Pavel Popovich Auszeichnungen und Ehrungen
Details are from Space Encyclopedia ASTROnote, unless otherwise noted
|Date of Award||Award||Notes|
|17 Jun 1961||Order of the Red Star|
|1962||Pilot-Cosmonaut of the USSR|
|1962||Honorable Radio Operator|
|1962||Honored Master of Sports of the USSR|
|1962||Medal "For the Development of Virgin Lands"|
|19 Aug 1962||Hero of the Soviet Union|
|19 Aug 1962||Order of Lenin|
|15 Nov 1962||Gold Star Labor Hero of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam|
|20 July 1974||Hero of the Soviet Union|
|20 Jul 1974||Order of Lenin|
|1982||Order of Friendship of Peoples|
|13 May 1985||Medal "For Strengthening Military Cooperation"|
|9 Apr 1996||Order of Honour||for services to the state, many years of fruitful activity in the arts and culture.|
|6 Oct 2000||Order of Merit for the Fatherland, 4th Grade||for services to the state and many years of fruitful work.|
|1 Dec 2005||Ukrainian Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise, 4th class||for his significant personal contribution to the development and strengthening |
of Ukrainian-Russian relations, promoting the rise of prestige of the Ukrainian
state in the world.
|Unknown||Order of the Badge of Honor|
|Unknown||Medal of the Republic of Cuba|
|Unknown||9 Commemorative Medals|
- For setting records in space flight
- Medal number 11117
- For services to the state, many years of fruitful work in the field of culture and art (as President of the Association of Space Museums) (Presidential Decree No. 512 of April 9, 1996)
- For services to the state and long-term fruitful work (Presidential Decree No. 1724 on October 6, 2000)
- For significant personal contribution to the development and strengthening of Ukrainian-Russian relations, promoting the rise of the authority of the Ukrainian state in the world (Presidential Decree No. 1682/2005 dated December 1, 2005)
He received honorary citizenship of several cities:
- In Russia: Kaluga, Kovrov, Magnitogorsk (1965), Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
- In Ukraine: Poltava, Zaporozhye and Bila Tserkva
- In Bulgaria: Targovishte
- In Kazakhstan: Guriev
- Popovich is the only person to have received the honorary citizenship of Kaluga twice. The first time was in August 1962 (Decision 597 of the Executive Committee of Kaluga City Council of Workers' Deputies), and the second time was in April 1964 (Decision 237 of the Executive Committee of Kaluga City Council of Workers' Deputies).
A bronze sculpture to Popovich was established in Uzyn.
The name of Pavel Popovich was given to a mountain ridge in Antarctica and to the Mars-crossing asteroid 8444 Popovich.
In 1991, he became director of the Institute Rossiyskogo for Monitoring of Land and Ecosystems, then worked as chairman of the board of directors of the All-Russia Institute of Aero-Photo-Geodesic Studies (VISKhAGI), dealing with the compilation of a land inventory of Russia using images from space.
He had also been the chairman of Ukrainian diaspora organisation in Russia.
He was awarded a Gold Tsiolkovsky Medal by the Academy of Sciences of the USSR and a De La Vaux Medal from the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale.
In Ukraine there was a celebration of the 80th anniversary of the birth of the first Ukrainian astronaut, twice the Hero of the Soviet Union P.P. Popovich.
Postage stamp (Soviet Union): Pavel Popovich and Yury Artyukhin – Soyuz 14 Mission
2012 stamp of Ukraine